Sunday, June 03, 2007

Virginia Commonwealth University

My Goddess has finally got Internet access!!! I heard her spoke to me on Skype earlier on but I didn't know where the sound came from, so I kept looking at mom who held me up. Anyways, here's more updates:

We have moved! And yes, that was like 2 weeks ago - the exact time period where I MIA-ed, all because we didn't have Internet access since we weren't given an ID and password. Everyday, I feel like a Singla (a term borrowed from Bangla). We just work, come back to the dorm, bathe, cook our own food, eat and sleep (since we have no Internet). And on our off days, we hang out at Chinatown (instead of Jurong Point or Little India). Glad that we have Internet connection now - at least I'm connected to the other part of the world now.

There's still some slight problems now so I don't intend to shut down my laptop till things are settled on Monday...

Anyway, here's what's missing for the past 2 weeks.

We have shifted all our barang barangs from Quality Inn to a VCU campus dormitory called Rhoads Hall.


It was sure damn tiring and confusing.
Here's how my room looked like initially.

And here's how it looks like after shifting of the furniture. Doesn't my shelf look like some minimart?


The campus is a city campus. So it's pretty near fast food restaurants which are affordable like pizza hut. Ever since the Mexican meal, this pizza hut buffet was the 2nd time I ever feel full.

Remember I said that I had Internet connection from Coldstone Creamery? Here's some pictures from there... The place is really cosy and the ice cream is super super duper yummy! And sinful of cos. I like it that we can create and mix our own ice cream with the various toppings. Yummilicious!

A few stores away from Coldstone is an equally yummy eatery called Five Guys. The burger is affordable and huge. And the fries - undescribable.


Work is tiring. We worked 6+ hours from Mon to Thu and 9+ hours on Fri to Sun. We stand under the sun or in the water most of the time with only a 45minute break. I am super tann now, and my skin is dry and wrinkled like a granny's. Luckily for us, we have off-days. And the very first off day that we had, we decided to explore Richmond, where we are staying.

Our first stop - Virginia War Memorial

And then American Civil War Museum

Picnic Lunch at Belle Isle - a nice place to chill out. It's actually a small island which used to house prisoners of war.

And finally, our last stop - Carytown, a little nice and quaint place with nice boutiques selling super expensive but pretty dresses, and cosy little dining places and bars. Before we went back, we discovered a treasure!! A eatery selling cheap Chinese food!! The portion is really huge and the price affordable! We especially love the vegetables there! This was the third time I felt full!

No comments: