Saturday, August 08, 2009

The beginning of the next chapter of my Goddess' life

Today is the 1 week, 2 days since my Goddess started work at her new place.

She is enjoying work so far.

With such a nice office and best of all, workdesk, who wouldn't?

She's so proud of her work are that she's been showing practically everyone!

The different corners of her desk
I still love the cosy corner of them all. The $9 lamp at Ikea was a good choice! It adds to the romantic atmosphere of the area, and makes the whole desk less serious and office-like.

Best of all, it's hidden, so no one will really know what she's doing until they step in


Unless they spy on her at the back.
I likened my Goddess to have upgraded her 'home' from HDB flat, where there's 4 people sharing the same level and corridor, to a private detached house. Furthermore, the detached house is along a quiet 'dead-end' street where she's at the 2nd last house.
Besides, her desk was super clean and empty on the first day that she was there, as compared to her previous work where a lot of old, unknown documents were scattered around. Others had it worse with things not wanted by the previous owner left there, e.g. magnets, decorations, what have you not etc.
Just yesterday, my Goddess also got a whole new range of stationeries that she asked for. The feeling was just like starting school at a new level/school altogether! My Goddess was of course super thrilled!!
Besides the big desk and new stationeries, other nice things that my Goddess have in the office includes nice and super eloquent and educated colleagues who don't seem like they practice any tai-chi of any sorts; good welfare and benefits like free flow of F&N drinks in the fridge; and best of all, a good system set out for thought processes, planning and project. This will definitely be a good learning ground for my Goddess, unlike previously whereby she had to trial and error on her own, not knowing if that will be the best or even feasible way of doing things. In Chinese, it's like 'hun shui mo yu' - fish swimming in murky waters.
With the new industry that my Goddess is in, plus the set of system and thought process that my Goddess will be put under, this will be a steep learning curve for her. And my Goddess is hence enjoying every single minute of it thus far!!
Ok, it's late. I know I haven't posted the 'commercial break' in between the different chapters of my Goddess life. I will do it one of these long weekend days.
Till then, good night!

No comments: