Monday, December 14, 2009

Happily Ever After

Everytime I see a wedding album, a wedding photoshoot or pictures of a couple in their new love nest, I would feel very envious. I long for a wedding that officiates us as the one that will share each others' lives for better or worse, I long for a home to call our own, that I will go home happily to.

Somehow, the dream seems much farther away from reality. As we start our preparations, more hiccups and tiffs somehow just occurred. And surprisingly, they are not due to differences in how we want the wedding to be.

Is it that hard to love someone selflessly and wholesomely that you can just chuck away any pride that you have? Is it that difficult to live with someone who is just not the same as you?

I still long for that special wedding shoot that defines us as being a spontaneous and compatible couple. I still want that wedding vow that pronounces us as husband and wife, till death do us part. I still crave for that house that we share even if there are days I will grumble that the laundry and dishes are thrown all over the place, and that he will force me to go bathe when I'm too tired and want to sleep for 5 minutes only.


No comments: