Sunday, December 16, 2007

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

My Goddess went to Chijmes to watch their movie again, this time - The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.


This was a super old movie (4 years ago) and I know my Goddess abit outdated to only watch it now. But it's very mind-intriguing, in terms of its presentation of the scene and plot, but also the actual topic dealt with - the possibility for one to erase one's memory. Scary. I believe a memory is what makes a person, be it good or bad.

Though my Goddess used to hate literature, she is slowly beginning to appreciate the beauty of it, especially after reading Alexander Pope's poem, Eloisa to Abelard, mentioned in the movie:

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd...

Anyway, this is a must watch for other 'suakus' out there like my Goddess.

My Goddess also went with the horny devil to catch Enchanted today.

It's a really hilarious movie! Another must-watch! And with all the scenes taking place at New York's Times Square, Manhattan and Central Park, I just can't help but be reminded of the happy times that my Goddess had in the States.

No comments: